Thursday, June 11, 2009

YOU TALK TOO MUCH

(Theme song for post: You Talk Too Much)

Hey, Letterman........ZIP IT!

I haven’t watched you in years. I used to think you were pretty funny. In recent years you have become a nasty, cranky, bitter old man. On the news yesterday I saw a clip of you getting bent out of shape recently when Julia Roberts asked you personal questions on the air about your wife. Nobody can even ASK about a family member of yours and you think you can get away with a heinous joke about Sarah Palin’s 14 year old daughter? What makes your wife off limits and Palin’s daughter an acceptable target? Tell me, Dave, what makes it OK.

Some of my friends are writing to CBS expressing their disgust. One friend says to write to your sponsors. Without doing a lot of research I’ve come up with one definite sponsor and a list of sponsors who run ads as lead-ins to video clips of the Late Show website. I’m on a campaign to have as many people as possible email those companies voicing their displeasure with you.

Les Munves, CEO, CBS: http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/fb_global_form.php

(If that doesn't work, go to cbs.com and at the very bottom click on "user feedback.")

Paul Michaels, President, Mars Candy: http://www.mars.com/

Other sponsors on the website:Aveeno (owned by Johnson & Johnson), Canon, Charmin and Downy (owned by Proctor & Gamble), Citibank, Hellman’s, Lexus (owned by Toyota), Nissan and Rogaine.

I have several very wonderful flight attendant friends and they should be calling for your head on a platter for saying that Palin looked like a “slutty flight attendant.” (Psssst....Flight Attendants’ Union, where are you when we need you?) If you had said “nappy headed flight attendant” we’d have Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton asking that you be fired. I want all my flight attendant friends to be prepared if you ever sit your sorry butt down in a first class seat on a plane. I would suggest that they..gasp..dump a pot of hot coffee in your lap. Taking action has to start somewhere!

THE PREZ



No comments: