Monday, May 25, 2009

I'M IN OZ!!

(Theme song for post: Medley of Wizard of Oz songs)



I would have posted sooner but I just regained consciousness. Friday night I was watching FOX news and by the end of the broadcast I was being lifted off my feet and spun into the air by a twister. Below are the elements that came together during the show to cause the perfect storm:

WHAT??!! The voters of California voted 52% against gay marriage but on May 26 the CA Supreme Court may overturn the voters’ decision. Okey-dokey, now. Let’s see if I’ve got this right. Liberal judges can trump a legit election.

EXCUSE ME?? In her holier-than-thou voice, with her lips stretched tightly over her capped teeth, Nancy Pelosi dismissed the press as if they were annoying gnats, declaring, “I am not answering any questions on that subject.” I guess the press and the Republicans are going to let her get away with her damnable lies. (The Wicked Witch is here in Oz....I can’t get away from her!)

YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!! Henry Waxman and the Dems hired a speed reader to read the massive 946 page climate bill in case the Republicans “force the issue” by demanding that the bill be read. Yeah, it’s 946 pages as well as several hundred pages of amendments being forced down our throats. A speed reader? They are making a mockery out of the legislative system and it’s a slap in the face to “We, the People.’ The Republicans could take that clip of the speed reader and beat the Democrats over the head with it in the 2010 elections. Will it happen?

WHAT CHUTZPAH! The White House is shutting out the press by allowing media coverage at events for only a few minutes, if at all. The White House is airing their own coverage of events on Youtube. Yep, they can edit those pieces to let you see and hear only what they want you to see and hear.

GASP! Ex-con, ex-teacher Mary Kay Letourneau and her boy-toy husband, Vili Fualaau are hosting “Hot for Teachers Night” at a Seattle nightclub. He’s the DJ and she’s the hostess. How disgusting!

Sadly, all the above was in ONE NEWS BROADCAST! Beam me up, Scottie, I don’t want to go home. You’ll find me in Oz.

DOROTHY THE PREZ

No comments: