Tuesday, September 15, 2009

WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN

(Theme song for post: We've Only Just Begun)


The two of us, you and me, then you and someone else, and on and on. This is how a movement grows. We have to harness the energy created this past weekend and work harder to keep the pressure on our elected officials. We are tired of big government, big spending and all the corrruption!


It was an unbelievable experience to be among the million plus attending the 9-12 March. (The U.S. media says around 60,000....the British say 2 million....I know it was at least one million.) There is no way to convey what it was like, either in print or pictures. In four days we talked to hundreds of people or just gave a smile and a “thumbs up” signal. Conversations would pop up between tables at restaurants, on tour busses, passing in the street, in the elevator at the hotel. This is what I thought when talking to people from all over the country: “I just met you, but I’ve known you all my life.”


Enjoy this sampling of the hundreds of pictures from our trip to Washington, D.C. I wish I could have taken everyone of you with me. The pictures were taken by our Photo Journalist Czarina Stacy, who was ably assisted by Czarina Melody. Stacy is a professional photographer here in the Metroplex. (Stacy Bratton Photography, Colleyville, Texas (www.baby-photographer.com) for more information on 9.12DC photos, call 214.793.5899.)





Spontaneous crowd Friday night for the arrival of the Tea Party Express. Seriously, totally word of mouth!









Heading to the rally early Saturday morning. Ready to march are the Prez, Czars and Czarinas!













Unable to march, but they were there!














This was our vantage point. Can you see the back of your Prez?




















Look how far way these folks were from the Capitol. They couldn't see anything! Still believe there were only 60,000 people there?





















Just before we headed home, I had a “Fellow-Conservative-Columnist to Fellow-Conservative-Columnist” meeting at the airport with the one and only...GASP...Cal Thomas. You see, your Prez is always working for you! He told me he was proud of us for what we do and to keep going, to not give up. I know I never will.





The Prez

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an experience it was to be with a million plus patriots who were there for the same reason. If this doesn't shake up Washington, I don't know what will. WE THE PEOPLE will get our great country back on track. Just wait and see!!

Sister of the Prez!!

Lori, Methane Czarina said...

Just awesome! thanks for sharing! By the way--I didn't know Cal Thomas was so tall!!!

THE PREZ said...

I didn't know he was that tall, either! He was so friendly and acted like he was pleased to meet us. I'm sure he gets tired of people coming up to him, but he was very gracious. Wasn't it great I ran into him and NOT Maureen Dowd??? Tee Hee!

The Prez